Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Our Client offer MSPs & IT solution providers next-generation managed services, enabling them to create world-class experiences for their clients. They provide award-winning solutions built on over 20 years of experience servicing businesses worldwide. Headquarters are in Toronto and we have offices all across Canada. In Europe, we have offices in Portugal and just open a new office in Madrid where you are going to be assigned.
We are looking for an energetic, seasoned Network Engineer to join our team for a permanent full-time opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Platform Delivery, the incumbent will be responsible and be accountable for the deployment/installation of various network devices, maintenance, security, availability, monitoring and reporting of LAN, WAN and Internet network environments. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical assessment of network environment to recommend and deploy various security and backup products offered
- Participate in customer facing meetings to demo products, plan deployment and gather required technical details
- Accountable for root cause analysis and remediation activities, including working with vendor support to resolution
Interface with customers to complete network related projects and to troubleshoot network related customer issues
- Implement configurations, connectivity and maintenance of network devices to include: Routers, L2/L3 Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers and Wifi Access points and controllers
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical support incidents and problems.
- Manage, monitor and maintain core network services that include LAN, WAN, WLAN.
- Develop and maintain network management procedures including the documentation of procedures for daily operational support for the Voice, LAN, WAN and routing Infrastructure (e.g. backups, logging, etc.)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, identify and remedy areas of congestion and/or degraded quality.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining monitoring access.
- Monitoring and management of network and voice infrastructure for continuous uptime and SLA maintenance. This includes support for enterprise Cisco UC environment which contains Call Manager, Unity Connection, Presence, VCS and emergency responder.
- Working quickly on open tickets assigned to group and participate in impact analysis where application for related ticket issues.
- The position requires periodic work outside regular business hours for testing and change implementation as well as additional hours for problem resolution as part of the on-call rotation outside of regular business hours for products and services supported by the team.
- Report of risks, trends and service gaps to IT leadership
- Create and actively maintain network and collaboration technical configuration documents and topology maps
- Be proactive in identifying new network technologies and assessing its adoption.
- Build a solid working relationship with the customer base and vendors
- Responding to business customer support calls
- Audit work practices to established procedures, developing new procedures and documentation as required.
- Participate in network/voice technology evaluation and architecture planning processes as required.
- The position requires periodic work outside regular business hours for deployment of firewalls or other network devices, testing, change implementation and/or problem resolution.
- Work remotely 3 days, and 2 days working in the office in Madrid Center.
- Competitive compensation package
- Young and dynamic corporate culture
- Competitive benefits package
- Company Perks, Good Life gym, and various brand discounts
- Opportunity to advance skills through technical certifications and internal training programs
- Computer Technology degree/diploma or equivalent experience with a minimum of
- 2+ years’ experience in working with Firewalls, switches, and other network devices.
- 2+ years of experience in deploying FortiGate Firewalls, Switches and APs.
- Certification in NSE4 and HPE Aruba are an asset.
- Working experience in Aruba ClearPass Solutions, Barracuda, Palo Alto, Meraki.
- Experience working with various network technologies and protocols such as: Cisco Networking Software (IOS, XE, XR, and NX-OS), EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPN, QoS, IP, SIP, SD-WAN.
- Knowledge of cloud platform and services
- Deep analytical skills for troubleshooting network related issues, including diagnosing packet captures